Grandma’s Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion Chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
1 (6oz) can Tomato Paste, no salt added
1/4 C Red Wine
2 (28oz) cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes (like San Marzano or Cento) use food processor or blender to Crush or Puree
2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1 Tsp Sea Salt (or Himalayan Salt)
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 (3oz) Parmesan (or Parmigiano) Cheese Rind
3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent
3. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Do not let tomato paste burn.
4. Add wine; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, agave, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
6. Add cheese rind; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
7. Add basil; mix well.
Found these at HEB
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 1/2C Warm Water
1 Tsp Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Yeast (1 packet)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Salt
3 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1. In Large bowl add Warm Water, Sugar and yeast and mix until dissolved. Let sit for 5 mins until frothy.
2. Add Olive Oil, Honey and Salt and mix together.
3. Add Whole Wheat Flour a cup at a time and stir until it resembles dough consistancy. (add more flour if sticky)
4. Flour your surface and knead dough for about 5-10 mins until nice springy and smooth. (add flour as needed)
5. Once Dough is nice and soft and springs back, place inside an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour.
6. Prepare your pizza pan with some cooking spray and corn meal to make the crust nice and crunchy or flour!
7. Once Hour has passed take your dough and out and cut in half. If you want to save half for another day oil some plastic wrap and pop in the freezer!
8. Roll out your pizza dough and transfer to your pizza pan or stone, or stretch it out on the pan itself!
9. Add your homemade pizza sauce (recipe above) or your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings and more cheese so toppings don't slide off.
10. Bake @ 475 degrees for 15 mins and your done!
A few items I used for our pizza!
1 C Steel Cut Oats
1 C Almond Milk
1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 C Fresh or Frozen Berries
1 Tbsp Honey, Agave Nectar or 100% Pure Maple Syrup (adjust this according to your taste)
Dash Cinnamon (optional)
1. In bowl or cup, with a lid, add Oats, Almond Milk, Plain Greek Yogurt, Cinnamon, Berries and Honey.
2. Place cover on your bowl or cup.
3. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. In the morning, grab a spoon and your container and head off to work, school or just chill and enjoy at home!
Note: I don't necessary like cold oatmeal, but this is delicious! I set mine out while I get the kiddos off to school then enjoy it while I'm blogging or looking for great deals to share! Definitely make it your own and experiment with it. Adding flax seed and chia seed can help keep your health in check too!